- Made of Japanese Magnolia wood which is soft, moisture-resistant, and contains no strong resins that may cause corrosion in carbon steel.
- Provides an elegant look that highlights the beauty of the woodgrain with exquisite effect.
- The Lacquered Magnolia Wooden Blade Protector is brush coated with a layer of non-toxic lacquer made from organic tree saps in Japan. The lacquer coating provides resistance to unwanted odor, stain, and chips, all the while highlighting the beauty of the wood grain with exquisite effect.
Non-toxic lacquer coating made from Japanese tree saps. Coating provides stain, chip, odor resistance and allows for easy cleaning.
Japanese Magnolia wood (Ho-no-ki), is often used to make saya covers for traditional and Western-style knives. This is because it is soft, moisture-resistant, and contains no strong resins that might cause corrosion in carbon steel. For safety, a pin is used to keep the blade and sheath in place. A layer of non-toxic lacquer coating made from tree saps in Japan is applied to the wood. Made in Japan.
|Knife Size||Saya Dimension|
|Yanagi 9.5″ (240mm)||1.33″W x 0.15″H (34mm x 4mm)|
|Yanagi 10.5″ (270mm)||1.37″W x 0.15″H (35mm x 4.5mm)|
|Yanagi 11.8″ (300mm)||1.45″W x 0.17″H (37mm x 5mm)|
|Yanagi 13″ “(330mm)||1.5″W x 0.19″H (38mm x 0.5mm)|
- Dry the knife before placing it into the Saya
Saya Cover Compatilibility
- This Saya Cover made only for Yoshihiro Knife. It MIGHT NOT fit to other brand knives.
- This Saya Cover DOES NOT fit to our Kurouchi Black forged knives.